Entries are now open for the 2018-19 NLD U14-16 Competitions!
Please see attached the updated competition rules along with the entry form, by entering you agree to abide by the rules so please make sure you read them first!! The closing date for entries is Friday 20th July 2018.
NLD U14 Competition Format
The U14 competition will be run in the same format as in 2017-18. It will be a tiered waterfall competition and full details will be circulated once entries are confirmed and we know exactly how many teams have entered. Please indicate on your entry form if you wish to enter the Cup or Shield competition. We will do our best to accommodate all requests but this will depend on entries. Please note that last year the U14 competition was over subscribed, entries will be on a first come, first served basis so please enter early to avoid disappointment.
NLD U15 & U16 Competition Format
The format for the U15 & U16 competitions will be as previous years with a Cup and Shield competition. The number of rounds in each competition will be determined by the number of clubs that enter.
U15-16 Semi Finals
The winners of each pool and the best runner up of the three pools will go through to the semi-final draw. The draw will seed the two teams from the same pool in opposite semi-finals the remaining two teams will be drawn into the remaining places. In the event of 4 pools the top team from each pool will be entered straight into the semi-final and a straight draw will take place. The Semi Finals will be only one game and the team drawn first will be given the home advantage.
Once entries have closed we will aim to have the fixtures circulated as soon as possible so that clubs can plan for the season
Following on from the meeting a couple of weeks ago please see attached a copy of the minutes outlining everything that was discussed on the evening.
In addition please also see attached a copy of the proposed fixtures list for 2018-19 as agreed at the meeting.
Please note a couple of points on these:
- As we have listed all teams playing home & away fixtures this requires a large number of dates through the season and therefore it has not been possible to avoid all of the dates from the National Competition & the Lincolnshire County Competition (latter stages). You will need to look at these fixture dates carefully and manage according to your own team.
- At the meeting it was discussed that three / four way fixtures would be beneficial through the season. We have not prescribed these for clubs but please look at other teams playing on those weekends and work together to find something that suits you all.
- Likewise with fixtures between two clubs who are a little further apart, meeting in the middle can be a great compromise to save on the travel and make the game more feasible.
- The two festival dates included are 6th January & 31st March – we will no doubt require host clubs so please do keep this in mind too!!
- Please remember the ethos of the cluster and communicate clearly with each other either through the group, on email or via telephone.
- Contact database – latest version I have is attached although there are some gaps. Please do let me know any changes / updates that need making to your team and I will send a revised copy to everyone in a couple of weeks when the majority of changes have come through.
- Transition dates – these have been included post Christmas to fit in with the Derbyshire dates where possible so that you can work with other local teams, please take note of them on the fixture list.
- Fixture lists – while we have tried to work within a couple of club fixture lists we were given this has not been entirely possible, please check dates carefully and take a flexible, proactive approach with your opposition.
- Lincolnshire Colts Competition – the details from Melvyn are below, Lincolnshire clubs will need to respond directly to Melvyn regarding entry.
An additional point to note is that following on from the meeting Mansfield confirmed they would not be entering, hence they have not been included in these fixtures.
Huge thanks to all teams for all of their positive input into the Cluster so far – let’s make it even more enjoyable & successful in 2018-19!
The first two NLD Senior Knockout Finals were held at Boston RFC on Saturday 28th April. The weather was a little damp but it certainly didn’t diminish spirits as people turned out to see teams from across all three counties.
Derby RFC overcame local rivals Paviors to take the feature match, the NLD Senior Knockout Cup, with the final scoreline reading 36-20.
The NLD Vase Final was a close affair with Cleethorpes prevailing over Nottinghamians in a tight encounter that finished 12-10. In true rugby spirit the teams joined together after the game to celebrate the life of former Nottinghamians President who passed away a couple of weeks ago.
The Shield & Plate finals will take place at Boston RFC on Saturday 12th May 2018.
13:00: Plate: Long Eaton v Ashfield
15:00: Shield: West Bridgford v Matlock
The end of the season approaches and due to the severe weather we have all experienced this season there have been a few changes to the Derbyshire RFU Finals Day. All finals will take place at Long Eaton RFC, please do go along for what should be an excellent celebration of Rugby in Derbyshire!
Saturday 5th May
Presidents Trophy – 12.30 KO – Main Pitch
Long Eaton Dev XV v Derby 3rd XV
2nd XV Cup – 14.30 KO – Main Pitch
Glossop v Matlock
Derbyshire Shield – 16.30 KO – Main Pitch
Long Eaton v Tupton
1900 Live Band to see all Winners and Commiserators through until late.
Saturday 19th May
Derbyshire Cup Final – 1430 KO – Main Pitch
Matlock v Glossop
Please see below details of the provisional schedule for the NLD U15/16 Finals at Derby RFC on Sunday 29th April.
As you can see there are a couple of Semi Finals to be played this weekend so we will have the full line up for you on Monday.
U15 Cup 11.30am KO (AGP)
Derby v Paviors
U15 Shield 11am KO (Grass)
Melbourne v Sleaford
U16 Cup 1.30pm (AGP)
Mansfield / Kesteven v Nottingham Corsairs / Derby
U16 Shield 1pm (Grass)
Ashbourne v Scunthorpe
Both of the Cup Finals are taking place on the brand new AGP at the club. Please note the below guidelines on footwear and pass this on throughout your team.
Astro trainers, flat-soled trainers and blades are not permitted. Boots should have screw-in metal / moulded studs suitable for the appropriate sport. All footwear should be clean.
Please complete and return your match cards to Carol by Monday 23rd April 2018. Note that you can still make minor adjustments to your squad up until the morning of the final but these changes may not be reflected in the match day programme.
If you do not have permission for any of your players to have their photograph taken then this should be confirmed in writing to me by Monday 23rd April 2018 so that we are able to make the necessary arrangements on the day.
As usual there will be a £3 entry fee per adult, to include a programme, on the day. please make sure that everyone travelling with your team is aware of this and that absolutely no abuse of officials will be tolerated.
If you plan to travel by coach then please confirm this as soon as possible, along with an ETA, and by next Wednesday 25th April so that we are able to ensure appropriate room is left.
The NLD U14 Finals take place this Sunday 22nd April at Chesterfield RFC. A full copy of the schedule is available below and the changing room allocation can be viewed here.
U14 Plate Playoff Final
Ashbourne v Nottingham Corsairs
U14 Bowl Final
Glossop v Sleaford
U14 Cup Final
Keyworth v Newark
U14 Cup Playoff Final
Derby v West Bridgford
U14 Shield Final
Kesteven v Market Rasen
U14 Plate Final
Mansfield v Melbourne
As usual there will be a £3 per adult entry charge for all adults to the Finals Day, please make sure you circulate this information throughout anyone who may travel, abuse of officials on the day will absolutely not be tolerated. This goes towards the running of the Junior Competitions within NLD.
Following the decision to move the date of the Finals Day representations were made by several clubs about problems this would cause.
To this end the Senior Competitions Committee have reviewed the situation again and arrived at the following solution.
The Finals Day will now be split in two. While this does not meet the intent of having a single end of season festival it is the best compromise we can arrive at.
Therefore, two of the matches will be played on the original date and the other two on the revised date. All matches will still be played at Boston.
This means that the schedule will now be.
Sat 28th April
13:00: Vase: Cleethorpes v Nottinghamians
15:00: Cup: Derby v Paviors
Sat 12th May
13:00: Plate: Long Eaton v Ashfield
15:00: Shield: West Bridgford v Matlock
The date for the NLD Senior Knockout Finals Day has been moved to Saturday 12th May due the recent bad weather which has resulted in a back log of fixtures.
The Finals Day will now take place on Saturday 12th May and will still be hosted by Boston RFC. The schedule is to be confirmed shortly but will feature the following finals:
Vase: Cleethorpes v Nottinghamians
Shield: West Bridgford v Matlock
Plate: Long Eaton v Ashfield
Cup: Derby v Paviors
Entries for the 2018 NLD U13 Festival are now invited.
Sunday 22nd April 2018 – Worksop College
As per the RFU Age Grade Competition Guidelines, the festivals will be in a friendly round robin format, medals will be presented to all of the players taking part.
Please find attached the entry form, which you will need to complete and send with a cheque for £35.00, made payable to NLD RFU Ltd and send to:
Northgate Business Centre
The closing dates for entries is Friday 6th April 2018.
Please note that entries will not be accepted after this date and in the case of withdrawals clubs will not be reimbursed if the closing date has passed. If you are entering multiple teams then the second team will be placed on a waitlist until the closing date. On this date we will then accept as many second team entries as possible on a first come first served basis.
We look forward to welcoming you on the day and if in the meantime we can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact the NLD Office on 01636 640800 or [email protected].
NLD RFU are delighted to announce the launch of the NLD Youth Council for the 2018-19 season and beyond! Mirroring the RFU National Youth Council this is a fantastic opportunity for young people, who are passionate about rugby, to get involved in shaping the way NLD RFU supports the 16-24 age group.
We are looking to appoint a group of young people to form the NLD Youth Council for the 2018-19 and 2019-20 seasons (two year term of office). The successful applicants will be between 16-24 years of age and be passionate about developing the game within NLD while learning lots of new skills to develop both personally and professionally.
You can read the job description in full by clicking here.
What will you get out of becoming a member of the NLD Youth Council?
- Acting as a consultative body for NLD RFU and development of the game
- Access to events and conferences
- Opportunity for learning and development
- Increased leadership, communication, teamwork and decision making skills
- Being a part of NLD RFU and working with NLD RFU colleagues
- Opportunity to influence provision and support for young people in rugby
- Help the NLD RFU to achieve their overall objectives and mission
- CV building
Who are we looking for:
- Actively involved in rugby in any way, whether it be as a Player, Coach, Referee or Volunteer
- An inspiring ambassador for NLD RFU
- Experience within rugby union in a leadership capacity or as a role model for young people
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and develop yourself
- Ability to self-motivate with strong initiative and good organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to travel independently (or have transport to meetings & events within the NLD RFU area)
How do you apply?
Applications are now open to all young people from within aged 16-24 years of age! You can apply by completing the application form, click here.
If you have a particular interest in certain roles on the Youth Council then you are able to indicate this on your application form as well.
Please note that in order to be considered you must be available to attend the Recruitment Day on Saturday 30th June 2018.
The closing date for applications is 30th April 2018.
If you are under 18 years old, you will need your parent’s / guardian’s consent to apply.