NLD RFU are now inviting tenders for clubs to host the 2018-19 NLD Knockout Finals Day on Saturday 27th April 2019. The opportunity to host rotates around, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire & Derbyshire on a 3-year cycle and for this season the venue will be in Nottinghamshire.
The round 1 draw for this seasons cup competition can be found by clicking here
We would like to wish the very best to all players, coaches and volunteers involved in teams representing NLD in this year’s competition.
The 2018-19 NLD RFU Junior Competitions rules can be found by clicking here.
Please take special note of Page 4, Point 19: The Half Game Rule. The point includes the following statement:
“Half Game Rule: Teams should ensure that all players within your match day squad get to play at least half the game time available. You can do this using rolling substitutions and/or at set periods within the game. For example, work on quarters and plan substitutions in advance for those points in the game. Both sets of coaches should talk with the referee prior to games, to agree how best they can implement the half-game rule and other game conditions to ensure it is player centred.”
From September 2018 England Rugby are asking all its Age Grade clubs, schools and colleges to make sure everyone in a match day squad gets to play at least half the game time available.
The half game rule is being introduced voluntarily in England and follows successful implementation in New Zealand and Wales and a trial in local club and school competitions in England last year. This voluntary year will help prepare for mandatory introduction from September 2019.
RFU Regulation Update
During the summer the RFU have made Age Grade regulation (Regulation 15) more user friendly and easier to understand. Access to all the updated RFU regulations, including Reg. 15 which now incorporates the Half Game Rule, can be found here.
Round one play-on date 22-Sep 2018
1/4 final play-on date 10-Nov 2018
1/2 final play-on date 23-Feb 2019
Finals Day 27-Apr 2019
|Meden Vale||V||Amber Valley|
|Stamford College OB||BYE|
The Nottinghamshire Knockout Competitions Draws for this coming season have been made.
Please familiarise yourself with this year’s competition rules by clicking here.
The 2018-19 rules for the Pennant can be found by clicking here.
Please see attached a copy of the NLD U14-16 Competition Draws for 2018-19. There are a few points to note below:
We have tried to accommodate all Cup / Shield requests but this wasn’t possible in every instance and was therefore done on a first come, first served basis. In the Cup Competition we will include the Cup & Plate PlayOff matches on Finals Day as we did in 2018 which worked well.
The teams listed first in Round 1 will have a home draw for that game. Once the results from the first round are known the home / away teams for the next round will be drawn.
The U14’s Finals Day will be held on Sunday 3rd March 2019 (venue TBC).
Semi Finals & Finals
Please check carefully the format of your competition as these will differ slightly depending on the number of teams entered for each competition and the rounds available.
U15 & U16 Matches
The team listed first in each game will be the team with the home draw.
As always the dates for each of the rounds are as outlined on the NLD Age Grade Rugby Calendar which was circulated earlier in the year. If for any extenuating circumstances you wish to request the fixture to be moved then you must follow the below steps:
- Contact the NLD Office / Carol Badmin to request a potential date change.
- Contact your opposition & discuss the possibility of other options. NB if matches are going to be moved then they must be played before the original scheduled date.
- If no agreement can be reached and approved by the NLD Junior Competitions Organising Committee then the fixture will always default back to the original date set.
As always we will do our best to be flexible and supportive of all clubs requesting fixture changes in line with the above, however the NLD Junior Competitions Organising Committee will make the final decision as to if a date can be changed.
Please take the time to look through the attached very carefully and if you have any queries then don’t hesitate to get in touch with the NLD Office.
The minutes from the last NLD Senior Competitions Committee Meeting held on 11th June 2018 are available to download here.
Entries are now open for the 2018-19 NLD U14-16 Competitions!
Please see attached the updated competition rules along with the entry form, by entering you agree to abide by the rules so please make sure you read them first!! The closing date for entries is Friday 20th July 2018.
NLD U14 Competition Format
The U14 competition will be run in the same format as in 2017-18. It will be a tiered waterfall competition and full details will be circulated once entries are confirmed and we know exactly how many teams have entered. Please indicate on your entry form if you wish to enter the Cup or Shield competition. We will do our best to accommodate all requests but this will depend on entries. Please note that last year the U14 competition was over subscribed, entries will be on a first come, first served basis so please enter early to avoid disappointment.
NLD U15 & U16 Competition Format
The format for the U15 & U16 competitions will be as previous years with a Cup and Shield competition. The number of rounds in each competition will be determined by the number of clubs that enter.
U15-16 Semi Finals
The winners of each pool and the best runner up of the three pools will go through to the semi-final draw. The draw will seed the two teams from the same pool in opposite semi-finals the remaining two teams will be drawn into the remaining places. In the event of 4 pools the top team from each pool will be entered straight into the semi-final and a straight draw will take place. The Semi Finals will be only one game and the team drawn first will be given the home advantage.
Once entries have closed we will aim to have the fixtures circulated as soon as possible so that clubs can plan for the season
Following on from the meeting a couple of weeks ago please see attached a copy of the minutes outlining everything that was discussed on the evening.
In addition please also see attached a copy of the proposed fixtures list for 2018-19 as agreed at the meeting.
Please note a couple of points on these:
- As we have listed all teams playing home & away fixtures this requires a large number of dates through the season and therefore it has not been possible to avoid all of the dates from the National Competition & the Lincolnshire County Competition (latter stages). You will need to look at these fixture dates carefully and manage according to your own team.
- At the meeting it was discussed that three / four way fixtures would be beneficial through the season. We have not prescribed these for clubs but please look at other teams playing on those weekends and work together to find something that suits you all.
- Likewise with fixtures between two clubs who are a little further apart, meeting in the middle can be a great compromise to save on the travel and make the game more feasible.
- The two festival dates included are 6th January & 31st March – we will no doubt require host clubs so please do keep this in mind too!!
- Please remember the ethos of the cluster and communicate clearly with each other either through the group, on email or via telephone.
- Contact database – latest version I have is attached although there are some gaps. Please do let me know any changes / updates that need making to your team and I will send a revised copy to everyone in a couple of weeks when the majority of changes have come through.
- Transition dates – these have been included post Christmas to fit in with the Derbyshire dates where possible so that you can work with other local teams, please take note of them on the fixture list.
- Fixture lists – while we have tried to work within a couple of club fixture lists we were given this has not been entirely possible, please check dates carefully and take a flexible, proactive approach with your opposition.
- Lincolnshire Colts Competition – the details from Melvyn are below, Lincolnshire clubs will need to respond directly to Melvyn regarding entry.
An additional point to note is that following on from the meeting Mansfield confirmed they would not be entering, hence they have not been included in these fixtures.
Huge thanks to all teams for all of their positive input into the Cluster so far – let’s make it even more enjoyable & successful in 2018-19!
The first two NLD Senior Knockout Finals were held at Boston RFC on Saturday 28th April. The weather was a little damp but it certainly didn’t diminish spirits as people turned out to see teams from across all three counties.
Derby RFC overcame local rivals Paviors to take the feature match, the NLD Senior Knockout Cup, with the final scoreline reading 36-20.
The NLD Vase Final was a close affair with Cleethorpes prevailing over Nottinghamians in a tight encounter that finished 12-10. In true rugby spirit the teams joined together after the game to celebrate the life of former Nottinghamians President who passed away a couple of weeks ago.
The Shield & Plate finals will take place at Boston RFC on Saturday 12th May 2018.
13:00: Plate: Long Eaton v Ashfield
15:00: Shield: West Bridgford v Matlock