Terms of reference
- The NLD CB Disciplinary Committee has powers, devolved from the RFU, to deal with matters at level 5 and below, which result from sendings off, citings, reports of abuse of match officials and reports of actions which are not in the best interests of the game and which bring the game into disrepute.
- The Chair of Discipline has the authority to lead the Discipline Committee on all matters relating to discipline within the CB and reports to the NLD board and the RFU Head of Discipline.
- All members of the NLD Discipline committee are appointed by the NLD board and must have and maintain current RFU Discipline accreditation. A member serves on the committee for fixed terms of 4 years. There is no restriction on the number of terms served.
- NLD Discipline panels are selected from accredited members of the Discipline Committee by the Chair of Discipline with advice from the CB Discipline Secretary.
- A player sent off is not permitted to play again until their case has been heard by a NLD CB Disciplinary panel. The hearing can be either in person or on papers in appropriate cases (for example, such as two yellow cards).
- Hearings will be held as soon as is practicable after the matter arising, normally by the Thursday following the incident. The venue will be notified at the time the hearing date and time is confirmed.
- Referees must ensure that the sending off report is delivered by email to the NLD Discipline Secretary within 48 hours of the match finishing. It will then be delivered to the club.
- Clubs must ensure that they hold a club discipline hearing and provide the decision to the NLD Discipline Secretary prior to the CB hearing.
- Clubs are responsible for paying any and all costs charged against any person who appears in front of a panel arising from an incident in which that person represented the club in any capacity, such fees to be determined by the CB. Costs will be invoiced by NLD RFU and must be paid within 14 days of invoice.
- Players and clubs have the right to appeal decisions of an NLD panel by following the procedure set out in the current RFU rules and regulations.
Please notify the NLD Disciplinary Secretary by emailing the completed Red Card Report Form or Match Official Abuse Form to [email protected] as soon as possible, and no more than 48 hours after any sending off or referee abuse occurring.
Please notify the NLD Disciplinary Secretary by email at [email protected] as soon as possible after any sending off or referee abuse involving your player or member, providing brief details and stating the anticipated date/time of the club disciplinary hearing into the incident.
Inform the NLD Disciplinary Secretary by email at [email protected] of the judgment and findings of the club disciplinary hearing promptly and in any event prior to the CB disciplinary hearing.
The following administrative fees shall apply
- Disciplinary hearings (in person and papers) £30
- Citings £125
- Appeals £125
A summary of cases for the current season can be viewed here: NLD Discipline Return 2021-22
All judgments are now published on the website 2021-22 Judgements
Previous Seasons’ Judgments
Policies and Guidance
More information about disciplinary procedures can be found on the RFU website. Discipline (englandrugby.com)