Funding for First Aid Courses
In support of player welfare and to help clubs’ to be prepared for the 2023-24 season in terms of First Aid provision, NLD have launched a scheme to provide funding for First Aid Training.
A downloadable version of the following guidance of how to apply for funding is attached.
- Contact NLDRFU to see whether there is any money left in the scheme.
- If given the okay the Club follows the procedure set out by the RFU to set up a recognised Emergency First Aid in Rugby course. https://help.rfu.com/support/solutions/articles/15000065139-how-do-i-book-onto-a-first-aid-course-
- Identify individuals who wish to attend.
- Contact one of the recognised deliverers from the RFU list and agree date venue and time.
- The deliverer contacts RFU and the course is opened on GMS
- Individuals sign up and pay for the course. ( The club can reimburse the individual) Clubs cannot make a group booking. If a club does not have enough candidates to run its own course then it can either join with a nearby club to make up numbers or individuals can attend a course that is more convenient.
- On completion of the course the club should supply evidence of completion and invoice NLD for the agreed amount at [email protected]
Please contact Dave Andrews at [email protected] to instigate the process