NLD Youth Council
Youth rugby across the NLD makes up a significant percentage of all rugby played, and until recently was unrepresented at a CB level, often with decisions taken by those not directly involved with it.
The NLD Youth Council (YC) is a group of 18–24-year-olds passionate about rugby that mirror the structure of the RFU National Youth Council and work to advise the NLD CB on all matters relating to Youth Rugby. They are the representatives of youth from across the region and work to raise the profile of youth rugby and ensure it gets the support it needs.
What do the Youth Council do?
- Act as a subcommittee for the NLD CB
- One representative sits on the NLD Management Committee
- Complete special projects on behalf of the NLD CB
- Act as a consultative body for NLD RFU and development of the game
- Represent young people across the region at NLD CB level
- Host and access events and conferences for young people
- Opportunity to influence provision and support for young people in rugby
- Help the NLD RFU to achieve their overall objectives and mission
The NLD youth council is always looking to build our network of volunteers we look for people who are:
- Actively involved in rugby in any way, whether it be as a Player, Coach, Referee or Volunteer
- An inspiring ambassador for NLD RFU
- Experience within rugby union in a leadership capacity or as a role model for young people
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and develop yourself
- Ability to self-motivate with strong initiative and good organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
You can find our past meeting minutes here.