Sutton Bonington Students RFC is made up of students from the University of Nottingham Sutton Bonington campus (LE12 5RD). The club currently play in the NLD Security Plus Pennant League 1 which they have won 3 seasons in a row and have been entered into the NLD Senior Knockout Cup for next season. The club has always been run by students with the help of a part time coach who is now retiring.
The club is looking for an enthusiastic, qualified coach who is looking to build experience coaching younger players. The club is mostly made of 18-24 year olds with varying abilities and experience. The team trains Monday and Friday evenings as well as Wednesday afternoons, before playing on Saturdays.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Continue to deliver and support our culture of development focused, supportive and challenging training that drives an attractive and fun style of Rugby.
- Work with the captain and committee members to plan, deliver and analyse the clubs plan for the season.
- Run training sessions on Monday evenings 7-8:30pm (if possible run Wednesday afternoon, 2-3pm, and Friday evening sessions, 5:30-6:30pm, also). Opportunity to coach the women’s side on Monday evenings after the men’s session.
- If unable to attend Wednesday and Friday sessions then assist with a plan for these sessions liaising with the team captain.
- Coach the team on match days – Saturday’s.
- Be able to deliver personal, unit and team training sessions in line with our style of play.
- Assist with player recruitment and retention.
- Supporting and bringing through players who have never played senior rugby before into the 1st
What we offer:
- Unique opportunity to coach an ambitious club made up of young fresh talent with a fantastic team spirit.
- Great training facilities (access to 4G training pitch, fitness studio, gym and fantastically maintained pitch).
- A young mouldable squad willing to learn.
- A chance for a young or new coach to gain experience coaching senior rugby.
Expenses paid include travel and time for sessions run, session planning and match day fee.
How to apply:
Please email your CV to Sam Bennett at [email protected] or call on 07535707229
Potential coaches will be asked to run a session as part of the interview process.