Job Description for the position of:
Senior Rugby Union Coach at Nottingham Rugby Ltd with a secondment to Nottingham Trent University as Head Coach
Provide first class coaching support and leadership to both Nottingham Rugby Ltd and Nottingham Trent University’s Rugby programmes. This person will be a full time employee of Nottingham Rugby Ltd and will be seconded to Nottingham Trent University for 30 hours per week as part of a service level agreement.
This will be a salaried position at £22,000 per year.
Nottingham Rugby Limited
Enhance the Nottingham Rugby Coaching Programme at 1st Team level to produce a winning Championship side.
- To take an active role as part of the 1st XV coaching team, reporting to the Head Coach at Nottingham Rugby Ltd. The weekly hours for this role will be 9 hours per week excluding matches. Specific coaching responsibilities will be agreed with the Nottingham Rugby Head Coach.
- To carry out any other duties that may be required by management at Nottingham Rugby, that are deemed suitable and reasonable to both parties.
Through Secondment to Nottingham Trent University
Increase the level of performance of NTU Men’s Rugby Union to become a sustainable top ten BUCS Rugby Union Programme, supported by a strong and vibrant club.
- To fulfill the Head Coach role for the Rugby Union programmes at Nottingham Trent University, reporting to the Head of Rugby at Nottingham Trent University. The average weekly hours for this role is 30 hours.
- To take an active role in the coaching and development of the Performance Programme at NTU, assisting the Head of Rugby at NTU with the squad. Taking the lead with attack play. The core training times are Monday and Friday evenings and Wednesday games.
- Lead the Development Programme at NTU with the support of assistant coaches provided by NTU and Nottingham Rugby, reporting to the Head of Rugby at NTU. The core training times are Monday and Friday evenings.
- Provide coaching support to individuals in one to one and small group settings, as part of the performance programme at NTU.
- To deliver the University 7’s programme.
- Working with the Head of Rugby at Nottingham Trent University and the Head Coach at Nottingham Rugby, manage individual development plans, skills coaching, match and training volumes for the NTU students contracted at Nottingham Rugby.
- Maintain squad discipline on and off the field, to the highest standards and to administer the approved disciplinary procedures for the squad.
- Manage the committee of the men’s and women’s club.
- Club management to ensure effective performance of all teams including:
- Men’s 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th teams
- Women’s 1st team
- To carry out any other duties that may be required by management at Nottingham Trent University, that are deemed suitable and reasonable to both parties.
Interested applicants should send their CV and a covering letter to [email protected].