Since the successful launch in January and the recent campaign in May. The work to attract more women to contact rugby has certainly proved to be a success!
* Over 2500 Women & Girls took part across approx. 150 camps
* Over 1000 new players attended
* See snapshot of some of the successes here – Inner Warrior Round Up May 2017
And so, to build on this we are now running another Inner Warrior Camp campaign from Fri 18 Aug to Sun 3 Sep. This is also during the Womens World Cup so a great time to recruit new players to your team!
What’s in it for your club?
Your Inner Warrior Camp will receive:
* Support from local England Rugby staff in the build-up and during your event.
* National promotion through England Rugby’s website including sign up options for new people.
* Links to a national campaign across England Rugby channels and press that will be re-launched just ahead of all events.
* Access to the England Rugby Brand Centre to design your club poster/flyer/social media banner and use the event guide with England Rugby imagery and phrases.
* There will be opportunities in each area for certain events to be supported with further resources once the applications are in.
What do I have to do to register?
* Simply click HERE to register your event This link will go live this Friday 23rd June. This will take less than 5mins if you know the date and time of your event
* You MUST apply by Fri 14 Jul
What does the club do next?
* Start planning how you are going to run and promote your Inner Warrior Camp, ensuring the whole club buys into this. After all, this could result in more members!
* As mentioned above, this coincides with the Women’s Rugby World Cup. So think of opportunities around fixtures etc.
* Think of what will encourage local non-rugby women / girls to come down and have a go – not necessarily always rugby related!!
* Once your event has been accepted as an Inner Warrior Event, get it on social media and ensure you share it regularly with as many local groups as possible