The RFU is on the search for a team of passionate 16 – 24 year olds who will form the new National Youth Council. This is an opportunity for young people in rugby to volunteer at a national level influencing how the RFU supports the 16 – 24 age group. Applications are open now and more information can be found here. The closing date for all applications is: 15th August 2014.
Successful applicants will be chosen at a selection day held at Twickenham Stadium on Friday 29th August 2014. To be eligible, applicants must be available on the selection day as no other assessments will be held.
Benefits to the young volunteer:
Being on the National Youth Council is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the RFU on a national level and also learn lots of new skills to develop professionally and personally. The benefits of being a Youth Council member are:
- Acting as a consultative body for the RFU and development of the game
- Access to events and conferences
- Opportunity for learning and development
- Increased leadership, communication, teamwork and decision making skills
- Being a part of the RFU and working with RFU colleagues
- Opportunity to influence provision and support for young people in rugby
- Help the RFU to achieve their overall objectives and mission
- CV building
Who are they looking for:
- Actively involved in rugby
- An inspiring ambassador for England Rugby
- Experience within rugby union in a leadership capacity or as a role model for young people
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and develop yourself
- Ability to self-motivate with strong initiative and good organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and
- Ability to travel independently
How to apply:
Complete the application form on the RFU website found HERE and return to Jenny Box [email protected] by midnight 15th August 2014. You must be able to attend a selection event at Twickenham Stadium on Friday 29th August 2014. If you are under 18 years old, you will need your parent’s / guardian’s consent to apply.