|Since launching England Rugby’s Inner Warrior campaign in January 2017, over 7,000 women have picked up a rugby ball as a result of attending over 350 Warrior Camps across the country.
The latest August Warrior Camps saw:
- Over 2500 Women & Girls take part across approx. 170 camps
- Over 800 new players
Click here to read highlights from some of the latest camps.
The next phase of Warrior Camps will run from Friday 12th to Sunday 28th January 2018. As the camps coincide with the new year, the key message around this campaign will be ‘New Year, New You’.
What’s in it for your club?
Your Warrior Camp will receive:
- Support from local England Rugby staff in the build-up to and during your event.
- National promotion through England Rugby’s Inner Warrior website (www.englandrugby.com/innerwarrior) including sign up options for people to register for your camp
- Exposure within regional and national media as part of England Rugby’s nationwide communications campaign
- Access to the England Rugby Brand Centre to design your Warrior Camp club poster/flyer/social media banner. The Brand Centre also provides an event guide to help you plan and run your camp.
There will also be a number of opportunities within each areas for clubs to receive additional resources and giveaways.
Things to consider if you are deciding whether to run a Warrior Camp:
- Run an event separate to your normal training session
- What is the best date within the Warrior Camp window for you to run your camp?
- Who can be on your event team to ensure it’s a successful event?
- Who else within the club do you need to work with? (Committee? Sponsors? Groundsman? Catering?)
- If new people join your club as a result of the Warrior Camp, do you have enough capacity to cater for their development?
- Plan a follow up event to invite those NEW players back.
How to register
- Agree date and time with the relevant people within your club, including your RDO / CRC
- Simply click HERE to register your event. This will take less than 5mins if you know the date and time of your event
- Apply by Friday 17th November in order to be considered for the January Warrior Camp wave. You will be informed by Friday 1st December if your Warrior Camp has been approved.
What happens next?
- Start planning how you are going to run and promote your Warrior Camp, ensuring the whole club buys into this. After all, this could result in more members!
- Think of what will encourage local non-rugby women / girls to come down and have a go. Remember, it doesn’t have to necessarily always be rugby related.
- Once your event has been accepted as a Warrior Camp, shout about it on social media using our brand assets to ensure as many people across the local community are aware that it is happening.
We look forward to receiving your application and welcoming lots of new women and girls into the rugby family!