The NLD U20 Coaching & Management Team are now inviting applications from players interested in being involved in the 2017-18 campaign.
The NLD U20 Squad will play in the RFU County Championship with matches against Leicestershire, Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire with the aim of progressing through to the latter stages of the competition and ultimately the opportunity to play in the Jason Leonard U20 County Championship Final in May 2018.
The squad are led this year by newly appointed RFU Level 4 Head Coach Nic Corrigan who is ably supported by Matt Derbyshire & Jon Welham. Graeme Gunn once again manages the squad.
All players interested in being involved should complete the below application form in full by 31st December 2017. The initial trial & training session will take place on Sunday 3rd December 2017 at West Bridgford RFC at 1.30pm.
Please note that while the first session is on 3rd December the final closing date for any players wishing to be considered will be 31st December.
For queries relating to the NLD U20 Squad contact Manager Graeme Gunn on 07779 596929 / [email protected].
In order to be eligible players must:
- Be aged 19 on 31st August 2017
- Have been born within Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire or Derbyshire
- Play for, and be registered to, a club at level 3 or below within Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire & Derbyshire
- Attend full time School or education within Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire & Derbyshire
- Reside within Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire or Derbyshire for at least 3 months prior to the playing date
- Have played for NLD U18’s in previous seasons
Please note that players can only play for ONE constituent body in the 2017-18 season.
|Sunday 3rd December||Training||West Bridgford RFC||1.30pm|
|Sunday 14th January||Training||TBC||1.30pm|
|Sunday 28th January||Training||Nottingham Trent Uni||1.30pm|
|Sunday 4th February||Conditioned game/Training||TBC||1.30pm|
|Sunday 11th February||Match v Leicestershire (A)||TBC||1.30pm|
|Sunday 18th February||Training||TBC||1.30pm|
|Sunday 25th February||Match v Oxfordshire (A)||TBC||1.30pm|
|Sunday 11th March||Training||TBC||1.30pm|
|Sunday 18th March||Match v Buckingham (H)||TBC||1.30pm|