An opportunity has arisen within NLD for an Office Administrator (maternity cover). This home-working, part-time role would be ideal for someone looking for flexibility in their job.
Please see below for full details of the role.
Job Title: Office Administrator for Sports Organisation (21 hours per week to be spread across season)
Location: Working from home
We are looking for a reliable Office Administrator (Maternity Cover) who will work independently to manage the day to day running of the virtual office and support the Management Board.
The role will include general office duties, working with and supporting both the volunteers and professionals in the structure of the organisation to ensure smooth running.
The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be self motivated and trustworthy while managing their time effectively.
An exciting opportunity to become a part of a small but dynamic family first organisation with some flexibility available in the role and working hours.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and manage the day to day running of the virtual office
- Perform all office duties including answering the telephone, replying to messages and emails and dealing with all post
- Coordinate meetings, agendas, reports & minutes where directed
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors
- Budgeting and bookkeeping procedures including banking & invoicing (Sage 50 Accounts package used)
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Track stocks of office supplies and kit and place orders when necessary
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
- Work closely with and offer support to other stakeholders within the organisation
- Manage and develop all social media platforms and website
- Organise and coordinate events, competitions, festivals and other initiatives
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and accounting principles
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Flexible working including occasional evenings and weekends
- Own transport required
What we can offer the successful candidate
- Interesting and varied role in a small but dynamic organisation
- A supportive and close knit management team
- Some flexibility in hours and responsibilities
- Family first organisation
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Salary and Holiday allowance will be subject to experience and qualifications of the successful applicant.
For further information, please contact Katherine Wells, NLD Office Administrator ([email protected]), Tracy Edmundson, NLD Honorary Secretary & RFU Council Member ([email protected]) or Mike Waplington, NLD Director & RFU Council Member ([email protected]) before the closing date of 20th December 2019. (Mike will be unavailable after 8th December).