Keyworth RFC currently run 2 senior teams, the 1st XV play in Midlands 4 East and the 2nd XV play in the Security Plus Pennant Group 5.
They are seeking to appoint a coach, currently qualified at Level 2, but also looking to develop their coaching skills as well as develop a mixture of playing talents and abilities into successful playing sides, in a competitive yet friendly playing environment.
The appointment is for coaching of the senior sides only and funding will be available for the right candidate to progress their coaching career in association with the Club.
Ideally you’ll need to be:
- Approachable and good with people
- Confident and good at communicating
- Knowledgeable about the game
- Committed to fair play
- Enthusiastic and willing to progress through the RFU Coaching Award scheme
- Well-organised and a good timekeeper
What you’ll do:
- Plan and run safe, effective training sessions
- Retain players and work with relevant volunteers to recruit players
- Build team spirit and encourage participation
- Develop individuals’ skill, confidence and fitness
- Be part of the team selection and set the game tactics
- Promote fair play, team standards and codes of conduct
- Mentor senior players who wish to or are undertaking coaching courses
To discuss the role in more detail please contact Cavan Kieran on 07710 442090