NLD RFU are now inviting tenders for clubs to host the 2019-20 NLD Challenge Shield Finals Day on Saturday 14th March 2020, and the NLD Senior Knockout Finals Day on Saturday 25th April 2020.
The opportunity to host these competitions rotates around Nottingham, Lincolnshire and Derbyshire on a 3-year cycle and this season tenders are invited from Derbyshire clubs for the NLD Knockout Finals Day.
As this is the first year of the NLD Challenge Shield Competition, tenders are invited from clubs across all 3 counties
More information about what is required from the host club, and what NLD will provide, is contained in the tender application forms below:
Closing dates for tenders for both competitions is 31st December 2019.
As many of you will be aware the amount of funding we receive from the RFU has been cut by around 22% this season which has meant we’ve had to look at all of our central costs so as to continue to maximise the investment we make in the game itself. With this in mind, there are several changes that we wish to advise you about:-
- The physical office in Newark is now closed. We will continue to operate a virtual office from Northgate Business Centre so any items that need to be posted to NLD should still be sent to that address from where they will be collected or posted on. Meetings previously held within the Conference room at Northgate will need to find a new location, preferably somewhere free of charge!;
- The landline telephone No of 01636 640800 has been discontinued. Going forward the only No for NLD RFU is 07597 670743;
- Nicole Brown, after much thought, has decided not to return from her maternity leave. We thank Nicole for the 10 years of brilliant support she has given to all of us and wish her well for the future in everything she pursues;
- Katherine Wells will continue in her role as our administrative support. She will work from home on a base contract of 21 hours per week.Her ‘working days’ will be Tuesday and Friday 9:15am – 4:45pm with the remaining hours being worked on other weekdays answering emails and returning phone calls at a time that suits her other commitments. However, any email or telephone message will be returned within 24 hours;
- Given the reduction in hours there will be some things where we have become accustomed to support that all of us will now have to consider other ways of dealing with them;
- Arrangements are being made to rehouse the items we store like kit and it is intended that this will still be within the Newark area.
If anyone has any queries about anything to do with the new arrangements please don’t hesitate to email me. ([email protected])
Many thanks and best regards
NLD are delighted to announce that a member of our Youth Council, Elodie Fleet, has been accepted onto the National Youth Council.
Elodie has been a member of the NLD Youth Council since it was established in 2018, and tells us a bit more about her journey so far.
“A PE teacher asked if I wanted to have the afternoon out of classes to attend a tag rugby tournament; little did I know the impact this would have on the rest of my life!
From there I started at my local club and was soon playing for NLD U15s. Four years on, I was still playing for club/county and decided to try coaching. Doing an apprenticeship in a primary school as a PE and Sport Assistant was my first experience of coaching, and I loved it! The pupils that I was working with had never been exposed to rugby before and being able to offer other children the same opportunity that I had was extremely rewarding. I knew then that I wanted to ensure as many people as possible were able to enjoy rugby without barriers.
When I heard about the NLD Youth Council I knew it was a great opportunity to help me achieve my goals and something I could not pass up! Being apart of this movement has been amazing for my personal and professional development. Throughout my time on the Council I have improved my confidence, public speaking and knowledge of how committees are successfully run. The NLD organisers have always been extremely helpful and supportive of this new initative and as such we were exposed to the National Youth Council.
The support I had received gave me the confidence to apply to be a member of the National Youth Council, and I was successful. I now hope to create a strong bond between the National and CB Councils and continue improving youth rugby at both county and national level.”
Well done Elodie!
Notice is hereby given that a Special General Meeting will be held on Monday 28th October 2019, commencing at 7.30pm at Mansfield RUFC.
The following matter is the only item for consideration and approval:-
The approval of the Union’s financial accounts for the period ending 30th June 2019.
All member clubs are invited to send a representative with the authority to vote on behalf of the club to the meeting.
The SGM will be followed by the Management Committee Meeting.
The first NLD U18 training session of the 2019-20 season will go ahead tonight at Newark RFC from 6pm, unless bad weather prevents it.
The draw for the QF of the Senior Knockout competitions have been made and are attached.
Clubs are reminded of their obligations in playing these matches on or before the play-on date (30th November) and the requirement for completing match cards.
|Gainsborough||v||Long Eaton 2|
|Stamford College OB||v||Keyworth|
The draw for the QF of the Challenge Shield competitions have been made and are attached.
Clubs are reminded of their obligations in playing these matches on or before the play-on date (19th October) and the requirement for completing match cards.
Senior Challenge Shield
|Matlock 2||v||Ashbourne 2|
|Ashfield 2||v||Melbourne 2 / Derby 2|
|Mansfield 2||v||Lincoln 2|
|Southwell 2||v||Market Rasen 2|
Junior Challenge Shield
|Mellish 2||v||Ashbourne 3|
|Moderns 2||v||Derby 3|
|Sleaford 2||v||Newark 3|
|Boston 2||v||East Retford 2|
The following link to the RFU website will take you to the results from Round 1 of the U14s-U16s Competition, played yesterday.
A new version of the form for playing up/down is available in the Resources section of the website.
Please also ensure that a copy of the form is submitted to the NLD.