ALL SCHOOLS COACH
[Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire]
All Schools is a three year out-reach programme which aims to bring the game, culture and ethos to new audiences and in particular, enable schools to start and sustain rugby union.
Throughout the programme hands-on coaching support deployed in the schools will play a major part in forming the foundation from which the school can develop rugby. The school will need high quality, engaging and appropriately-skilled coaches to not only enthuse new players from challenging backgrounds to want to play the game, but to create willingness for school staff to get involved in growing the rugby programme.
The Rugby Football Union (RFU) is looking to appoint rugby union coaches who will be able to contribute to the growth of this exciting initiative.
Under the leadership of the Rugby Development Officer, All Schools Coaches will be required to;
- Play an active role in supporting teachers and others in increasing their knowledge of, and confidence to deliver, the game.
- Deliver high quality, appropriate coaching with targeted groups of players some of which may be from challenging backgrounds.
- Clearly model and promote the RFUs Core Values during sessions and when engaging school staff.
Applicants must have;
- A valid RFU CRB/DBS clearance
- RFU Level 2 coaching qualification (Preferable UKCC Rugby Union Level 2)
- Current RFU Coach License, or ability to gain one before deployment
- Current Driving License with no more than six points
- Experience of coaching Rugby Union to young people aged 11 – 18 in schools, in line with the RFU Coach Development model
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, please contact Andrew Highton – [email protected] (Nottinghamshire) or Matt Jefferson – [email protected] (Derbyshire) with details of your coaching experience, coaching qualifications and reasons for applying. Please also ensure you include your contact details.
Closing date for applications is 20.12.15