NLD are seeking applications from coaches interested in getting involved in the U13,15 & 18 Girls Squads. For more information on the proposed structure of the Girls programme please see the information below from NLD W&G Chairman Neil Clack.
A copy of the job descriptions and the application form are also available to download below.
NLD U13 Girls Head Coach Job Description
NLD U13 Girls Assistant Coach Job Description
NLD U15 Girls Head Coach Job Description
NLD U15 Girls Assistant Coach Job Description
NLD U15 Girls Development Squad Assistant Coach Job Description
NLD U18 Girls Head Coach Job Description
NLD U18 Girls Assistant Coach Job Description
The closing date for applications is Sunday 31st January, all applicants will be invited to attend the Girls Development session at Mansfield RFC on Sunday 7th February.
NLD Girls Programme 2016/17/18
It is apparent looking at the past 2 seasons that some CB’s have changed how they approach their CB programmes which have, in some part, been reflected on the field. NLD is unique in it’s geographical make up which brings certain challenges other CB’s don’t have to contend with. This season has seen issues with inconsistency in player numbers at club level which is impacting player development, clubs and CB squads.
To amend U18/U15 Training and Playing season to year round.
To provide ALL girls playing at club level, within NLD, appropriate and focused skills and positional play development sessions throughout the season. To encourage individuals understanding of the game and player development. To drive standards of play and participation within NLD. To provide succession planning within coaching structure across age groups.
Changes to NLD Training Season:-
- Monthly training sessions for ALL girls within U18 age group in NLD clubs, (1 x Friday evening per month).
- U18 Training season to start mid Feb/March running through to RFU dates to December. Break in June/July.
- Introduction of Friday evening training sessions which are open to ALL NLD U18 club players.
- Training sessions to look at positional play and specific skills sets.
- Increased training sessions for selected playing squad post trials, (U15/U18), to include weekly Friday evening sessions and where possible Sunday pre CB/Festival Games.
- U18’s to be at fixed location for training, trials and home games.
- U15’s to be at fixed location for trails training and home game.
- Suggested 4 x additional NLD training dates for U15’s on Sundays for ALL NLD CB Club players. This is to drive positional play and assist in transition from U13 to U15 especially in clubs with smaller numbers.
Changes to Coaching Set Up:-
- Season to start Mid March to May, Aug to Dec.
- Coaches to attend 1 x monthly Friday evening Training and development session each month of programme, (see above).
- Sept/Oct Sunday trial date and weekly training sessions leading to Festival and Games, (approx. 3 additional sessions).
- Weekly Friday evening training sessions, for selected playing squad only in preparation for Festival and Games over Oct/Nov/Dec.
- Instead of coaches re-application in May 2016 application/interview and appointment to be brought forward to Jan/Feb.
- For 2016/17 season Head Coaches application for 2 year post. Assistant Coaches application for 1 year post.
- For 2017/18 season Assistant Coaches re-apply for 2 year post.
- All post will 2 year tenure thereafter. In line with current NLD policy. This allows a certain flexibility and succession planning.
The above proposed changes is an attempt to get more numbers in training and facilitate positional coaching and play to develop players and allow NLD to compete on a more level playing field with our other CB,s.
This is not an attempt to circumvent club training but to help clubs with lower numbers overcome issues in training in positional play and specific skills coaching if required. The idea of having open training sessions through the season leading up to trials where selection to Playing Squad will take place; then an accelerated programme of training leading up to the last CB game is to encourage participation by all and aspirational by those players selected to represent their CB.
Following discussions it is apparent that adding in Friday dates will be problematic for some interested parties so I suggest that for this forthcoming season we trial the above changes limiting them to the U18’s and if successful look to expand to other age groups if deemed appropriate by consensus.
This is a proposal only at present, and but one option, however I believe if we are to drive playing standards in the U18’s and in part the 15’s we, as a CB, need to reconsider our approach and adapt. The proposal has been included along with the Coaching Application forms to illustrate the additional commitment the CB is looking for this time around.