HONORARY HEAD COACH, NLD U16’s
REPORTS TO: NLD Head of Representative Rugby
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: NLD U16/18 Team Managers; NLD U16 Coaching Team; Medical staff; CB U16 Management Teams; Leicester Tigers DPP Managers and Coaches of CB clubs.
NATURE & SCOPE OF JOB
The post-holder will plan and deliver a coaching programme for the season to provide a positive and successful playing environment.
Provide high quality coaching to players and the coaching team to enable them to perform at their optimum level.
The post‐holder will hold the position for a term of 2 years (renewable) subject to annual review, with an optional 2-year term extension.
- Ensure the NLD’s objectives for the NLD U16 Squad are achieved by leading the preparation of the team’s coaching programme to develop the skills and understanding of the players and coaches involved ensuring an effective transitional pathway to the next level.
- Ensure the players receive the highest quality coaching, development, and feedback, as the Head Coach manages and directs the management team to support the programme.
- Work in conjunction with the other Coaches the Team Manger and feed back into the DPP program as required to facilitate the selection of players from Constituent Bodies Clubs and those eligible to play having been based at a CB club.
- Evaluate all coaching sessions and games with the coaching team and players.
- Provide constructive feedback to players and coaches to enable them to continue with their development and personal goals.
- Ensure that the coaching and playing squad present themselves as ambassadors for the Constituent Body and act within accordance of the Core Values of the sport.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Hold a minimum RFU / UKCC Level 2 Coaching Qualification or its recognised equivalent.
- Articulates and delivers a clear player centred coaching philosophy that is in accordance with the objectives of the programme.
- Work effectively with other members of the NLD U16 Constituent Body Representative Management Teams and DPP staff towards effective transitional player pathways.
- Has experience of coaching players at club or representative levels and is able to produce an effective programme, including end of programme report writing.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: The post holder is accountable to the NLD Head of Representative Rugby for the successful delivery of the responsibilities as outlined above.
Closing Date: 31st January 2022