HONORARY U16’s TEAM MANAGER/CHAIR OF SELECTORS
REPORTS TO: NLD Head of Representative Rugby
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: NLD U18/U16 Coaching Team; Medical staff; Leicester Tigers DPP Management Team; Managers and Coaches of CB clubs.
NATURE & SCOPE OF JOB:
The post-holder will plan and deliver the representative programme for the season to provide a positive and successful playing and coaching environment.
The Team Manager/COS will lead the management and selection process and report directly to the Head of Representative Rugby.
The post‐holder will hold the position for a term of 2 years (renewable) subject to annual review, with an optional 2-year term extension.
- Ensure the effective management of the representative programme. To include all formal player notifications and arrangements for trials and matches, including DPP liaisons.
- The Manager will act as Chair of Selectors (COS) and adjudicate on any selection disputes within the team.
- Ensure that all players are afforded an equal opportunity to display their talents through participative squad and match selections and game time.
- Where required provide feedback to coaches, players and parents identifying player pathway opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES:
- Leadership – The Chairman of Selectors sets an example and standards for the selection group. As such he/she will need to be able to mentor and develop the selectors and coaches to ensure that all involved maximise their potential. He/she will have the ability to make difficult decisions about selection and grades for players.
- Delegation – The Chairman of Selectors needs to be able to delegate responsibility to his/her Selectors and Coaches to ensure that they feel valued, and their expertise is used effectively.
- Teamwork – The Chairman of Selectors needs to be able to work effectively with the selectors, coaches, team manager NLD committee and key stakeholders in the Leicester Tigers DPP program.
- Planning – The Chairman of Selectors is directly responsible for planning the selection process for the season.
- Rugby Knowledge – It is expected that the Chairman of Selectors will have the required level of knowledge to identify players capable of playing at the highest level.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: The post holder is accountable to the NLD Head of Representative Rugby for the successful delivery of the responsibilities as outlined above.
Closing date for applications: 31st January