VACANCY – Nottingham Medics Rugby Head Coach
Following the retirement of our previous head coach, the Committee of Nottingham Medics RUFC wish to recruit a head coach for the 2021/2022 season to assist the club in reaching a higher standard of rugby and achieving our primary goal of winning the National Association of Medical Schools Cup.
Nottingham Medics RUFC is a student led club based close to the University campus. We are comprised of 80 members producing three teams on a regular basis. We play at a high standard for a university club, with several of our members joining us from well-respected school and club sides across the country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To work with the captain to formulate a training plan for the season.
- To design training sessions that will develop the skills and understanding of the squad.
- To attend coaching sessions and 1st XV matches whenever possible.
- To evaluate coaching sessions and matches in order to identify areas for improvement.
- To prepare and deliver coaching sessions to groups as large as forty.
- To provide feedback and mentor players where appropriate.
- UKCC Level 2 (minimum).
- Commitment and Enthusiasm – this role will require a time commitment of 2 x 90-minute sessions a week (Monday and Thursday evenings) along with matches on Saturdays. Whilst there is room for flexibility depending on other commitments, we would expect attendance at the majority of sessions.
- Rugby Knowledge – it is expected that the coach has sufficient understanding in order to further develop our playing ability.
- Planning – a significant part of the role will be the planning of twice weekly sessions for squads involving high numbers of participants.
- Team work – this role requires someone who is able to work effectively with players and other coaching members to best provide high quality coaching sessions.
Whilst we are a university club who enjoy the social aspect of the game, we are a club thoroughly committed to improving as rugby players. This role would be a fantastic opportunity for anyone wishing to progress towards coaching senior rugby, particularly those working towards a level 3 qualification.
To apply for this position please send the following to [email protected] :
- A document explaining why you think you would be suitable for the role.
- A full rugby CV documenting any experiences you feel relevant.