Midlands U18s Coaching Opportunity
England Counties U18 Midlands Division is seeking to appoint an Honorary Team Manager.
HONORARY ASSISTANT COACH, DIVISIONAL U18s XV
Honorary Head Coach, Divisional U18s Delivery Team.
England Counties U18s Management Team & Coaches; Divisional & CB U18s Management Teams; RFU staff; Academy Managers.
NATURE & SCOPE OF JOB:
The post-holder will contribute to the planning and delivery of the coaching programme for the season to provide a positive and successful playing environment. Provide high quality coaching to community rugby-based players to enable them to perform at their optimum level whilst enhancing the U18s County programme and club/school rugby.
- Ensure the RFU’s objectives are achieved for the England Counties U18s programme at Divisional level by supporting the head coach in the preparation of the team’s coaching programme to develop the skills and understanding of the players.
- Support the head coach in working in conjunction with the Divisional Team Manager & Divisional Chairman of Selectors to facilitate the selection of players from Constituent Bodies in an objective manner.
- Evaluate all coaching sessions and games with the coaching team and players.
- Provide constructive feedback to players to enable them to continue with their development.
- Attend the meetings of the U18s Divisional Delivery Team.
- Identify highly talented players who have the potential to move to England Counties U18s.
- Participate in annual review of performance and commit to a programme of development provided by the RFU.
- Ensure that the coaching and playing squad present themselves as ambassadors for the Rugby Football Union and act within accordance of the Core Values of the sport.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- A current RFU DBS certificate will be required once appointed.
- Hold a minimum of a RFU / UKCC Level 3 Coaching Qualification or its recognised equivalent.
- Demonstrates a track record of personal coach development.
- Articulates and delivers a clear playing and coaching philosophy that is in accordance with the objectives of the programme.
- Self-motivated, committed and enthusiastic about coaching rugby union.
- Has significant experience of coaching young adults at club, school/ college and CB level.
- Is strongly biased towards a Player Centred in approach to coaching.
- Creates an environment that balances player development with team performance.
- Is able to lead & manage people.
- Is able to articulate and deliver sound coaching processes relative to the programme.
- Has a sound understanding of the RFU performance pathway for players.
- Sets high standards of personal accountability, reliability and responsibility for the players and staff.
- Is able to work effectively with other members of the U18 Divisional Management Team.
- The post holder is accountable to the England Counties Divisional U18s Team Manager for the successful delivery of the responsibilities as outlined above.
The term for the position is 2 years subject to annual review, with a further two years by mutual consent.
Applications in writing together with a Rugby CV should be sent to:
Name: Nick Dermott – Honorary Team Manager
Email: [email protected]
The closing date for all applications is 23 August 2019. Interviews will take place on 2 September 2019.
For further information and/or an informal discussion please contact:
Name: Nick Dermott
Title: Honorary Team Manager
Email/Mobile: [email protected] 07872390202