NLD RFU Launch Youth Council!
NLD RFU are delighted to announce the launch of the NLD Youth Council for the 2018-19 season and beyond! Mirroring the RFU National Youth Council this is a fantastic opportunity for young people, who are passionate about rugby, to get involved in shaping the way NLD RFU supports the 16-24 age group.
We are looking to appoint a group of young people to form the NLD Youth Council for the 2018-19 and 2019-20 seasons (two year term of office). The successful applicants will be between 16-24 years of age and be passionate about developing the game within NLD while learning lots of new skills to develop both personally and professionally.
You can read the job description in full by clicking here.
What will you get out of becoming a member of the NLD Youth Council?
- Acting as a consultative body for NLD RFU and development of the game
- Access to events and conferences
- Opportunity for learning and development
- Increased leadership, communication, teamwork and decision making skills
- Being a part of NLD RFU and working with NLD RFU colleagues
- Opportunity to influence provision and support for young people in rugby
- Help the NLD RFU to achieve their overall objectives and mission
- CV building
Who are we looking for:
- Actively involved in rugby in any way, whether it be as a Player, Coach, Referee or Volunteer
- An inspiring ambassador for NLD RFU
- Experience within rugby union in a leadership capacity or as a role model for young people
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and develop yourself
- Ability to self-motivate with strong initiative and good organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to travel independently (or have transport to meetings & events within the NLD RFU area)
How do you apply?
Applications are now open to all young people from within aged 16-24 years of age! You can apply by completing the application form, click here.
If you have a particular interest in certain roles on the Youth Council then you are able to indicate this on your application form as well.
Please note that in order to be considered you must be available to attend the Recruitment Day on Saturday 30th June 2018.
The closing date for applications is 30th April 2018.
If you are under 18 years old, you will need your parent’s / guardian’s consent to apply.